Effective as of April 14, 2020
Personal Information We Collect
Information you give us. Personal information that you may provide through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Personal contact information, such as your first name, last name and email address;
- Profile information, such as your username, password, preferences, and other information you provide for your profile;
- Communications, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online;
- Content you choose to upload to the Service, such as text, images, audio, and video, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload;
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with such communications;
- Transaction information, such as the credit card or other payment card details that you use to pay for the Service, and your Service-related billing information and transaction history; and
Information from third-party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as data providers; business partners, such as joint marketing partners and event or contest co-sponsors; and other public sources, such as our social media platforms.
Data collected automatically. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log the following information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on the Site and other online services:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, and general location information such as city or town.
- Usage data, such as the website you visited before browsing to the Site, pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Precise geolocation data, such as when you authorize our App to access your location.
Some of our automatic collection is facilitated by:
- Cookies, which are text files stored on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently and remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, facilitating online advertising and measuring the effectiveness of our ads.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content within it was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
- Software development kits, or SDKs, which are used to incorporate third-party computer code into our App that allows our third-party service providers to collect data directly from it for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of the App, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our App, or to facilitate online advertising.
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described to you at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate, maintain, and improve the Service;
- communicate with you regarding the Service, including by sending you Service announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- process your Service transactions and process any related payments;
- understand your opinions, needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service; and
- provide support for the Service and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business and to develop other products and services. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from the personal information we collect. We anonymize personal information by removing information that personally identifies you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for any lawful purpose, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing. We and our third party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. If you request information from us, use the Service or participate in our surveys, promotions or events, we may send you CLI Studios-related marketing communications as permitted by law but will provide you with the ability to opt out.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
Other purposes with your consent. In some cases we will ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information for other purposes. For example, we may ask for your consent to send you marketing emails where required by law or to post your testimonial.How We Share Your Personal Information
- Our partners. Depending on how you use the Service, we may share your personal information with business partners, with which we may jointly offer a service or feature.
- Service providers . We may work with companies and individuals to help provide the Service on our behalf or to help us operate the Service or our business (such as IT, customer support, hosting, website analytics, email delivery, marketing and advertising, research, and event management). These entities are permitted to use your personal information only to help us operate the Service or our business as authorized under our contracts with them.
- Other users of the Service and the public.We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose personal information to other users of the Service or to the public. You may also be able to submit content to the Service, and we will display and share your username and profile information along with the content you submit and other information we have collected about you. We may make available settings through your registration profile that enable you to exercise choice regarding certain information that is displayed publicly or to other users. We do not control how other users or third parties use any personal information that you make available to other users or the public.
- Professional advisors . We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services they render to us.
- Compliance and protection. We may disclose your personal information as we believe appropriate to government or law enforcement officials or private parties (a) for the compliance and protection purposes described above; (b) as required by law, lawful requests or legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (c) where permitted by law in connection with any legal investigation; and (d) to prosecute or defend legal claims.
Access or update your information. You may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in your registration profile by logging into your account or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out prompt in the email. You may continue to receive Service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Testimonials. If you gave us consent to post a testimonial to our site, but wish to update or delete it, please contact us.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and our Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Advertising choices. You can limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
- Browser settings. Blocking third party cookies in your browser settings using ad-blocking browser plug-ins/extensions.
- Mobile device settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Platform settings. Using Google’s and Facebook’s interest-based advertising opt-out features:
- Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Digital Advertising Alliance:
The opt-out preferences described above must be set on each device for which you want them to apply. Not all companies that serve interest-based ads participate in the ad industry opt-out programs described above, so even after opting-out, you may still receive some cookies and interest-based ads from other companies. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com
Declining to provide your personal information. If you do not provide information indicated as required or mandatory within the Service, or that is otherwise necessary to provide a requested service or feature within the Service, that portion or all of the Service may be unavailable to you and we may deactivate your account.Security
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take a number of organizational, technical and physical measures designed to protect the personal information we collect, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no security safeguards are 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.International Data Transfers
CLI Studios is headquartered in the United States and has service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be collected, used and stored in the United States or other locations outside of the United States. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country.Third-Party Sites and Services
The Service may contain links to other websites and services operated by third parties, such as social media platforms, advertising services and other websites and applications. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third party websites, applications or services, and are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read their privacy policies to learn more.Children
CLI Studios, Inc.
7735 Sepulveda Blvd.
Van Nuys, CA 91405