LAST UPDATED: August 14, 2016
A Note About Children
A Note to Users Outside of the United States.
By visiting the Site and providing us with information, you acknowledge and agree that your Personal Information may be processed for the purposes identified in this Policy. Your Personal Information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By providing your data, you consent to such transfer.
Information We May Collect
We may collect information that allows someone to identify you (“Personal Information”), such as your name or email address, as well as any other non-public information that is linked to Personal Information. We also collect your age, dance experience profile, and comments, photographs, video submissions or likeness when you provide it to us when using our Site (e.g., by creating a user login on our site), or in some other manner, e.g., by posting or submitting it to our website, to Facebook using our website, or to our Facebook page. We may also collect information (i) from our business partners and (ii) from other third parties as further described in this Policy. In addition to this information, we may also automatically collect information from your Facebook friends when they reply to Facebook comments you have uploaded to our site (e.g., their name, comment and photo). We may combine the Personal Information that we receive from different sources.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit our Site or use our Services:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends.
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your online experience.
- We may use standard Internet tools, such web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our Site and enables us to customize our Services and advertisements.
- We use third party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to collect and analyze certain user information and behavior. This information may include demographic and interest information, such as age, gender and users’ interests. We use this information for internal business purposes on an aggregated, anonymous basis. To opt-out of Google Analytics data collection, you can visit the following site and follow the opt-out procedures: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- We may also collect certain information, such as the URL of the last web page you visited before coming to our Site, your preferences and settings (e.g., time zone), the ads you clicked on or viewed on our Site (if any), how long you stayed on our Site and what Services and features you used.
We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Applications. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Applications, and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Applications crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Applications. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
Information Others May Collect
We may allow third-party advertising companies and ad networks, including content recommendation engines, to display advertisements on our CLI Studios websites or related applications, and to track user activity on our Site for the purpose of determining what ads to display. These companies may also use information collected on our Site in order to better serve ads (ad retargeting).
- We do not provide any personal information to these companies.
- These companies may use tracking tools, such as cookies, to collect information about computers and browsing activity to determine which advertisements to display to users.
- Some of these companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers consumers the ability to opt out of ad targeting by all member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
These advertisers, advertising networks, and behavioral targeting companies sometimes collect information that tracks your use of our Site in order to measure ad performance, track which ads you clicked on and display ads targeted specifically to you, including displaying ads after your leave our Site on other third party sites that are within their ad network.
If you post information about yourself or others, or communicate with others using our website, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use information we collect, including Personal Information, to:
- Improve our products and services and improve and customize services;
- Send newsletters to our users and make special offers;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Process payment for products or services you order via our Site;
- Customize the advertising and content that you see on our Site;
- Facilitate use of our Site;
- Publicly display feedback and comments posted by you on our properties (e.g., use your name, photograph, video submissions and comments when you post feedback on our site or to Facebook);
- Display information about your friends (e.g., their name, photograph and comments) that is automatically uploaded when they comment on Facebook messages that you post to our Site;
- Manage your account and your preferences;
- Analyze use of and improve our Site, products and Services;
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our Site; and
How We Share Information We Collect
We will not share your Personal Information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share Personal Information with:
- Third party service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Affiliates or other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer you products, services, and promotions through our Site or Services;
- Third parties in connection with a merger, transfer, or sale of all or substantially all our assets; and
- If we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to report suspected criminal activity; comply with legal requirements; prevent fraud; and/or protect the safety of our users.
We may share aggregated, anonymous information in any of the above situations and also with service providers, advertisers and others for our own marketing purposes and for purposes of improving the manner in which, and to whom, we offer our Services.
You may choose:
- Not to provide Personal Information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain Services or use certain features of our Site;
- To stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy or clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the email, but please note that even if you opt out we may send you required service-related communications;
- To stop receiving texts from us by texting STOP in response to the text message you received;
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features of our Site or Services may not function properly;
- To review and update your Personal Information by contacting us at the email address below or, if you have an online account on our website, by logging into that account.
- You may opt-out of any Google Analytics-related collection by visiting the following site and following the opt-out procedures: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Do Not Track
We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
We take appropriate commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard Personal Information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure. Please note, however, that no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
For online payments, we use the payment services of Stripe (https://stripe.com/). We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
The Site or Services may link to websites operated by third parties that we do not control. We do not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. We strongly encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices. This Policy applies solely to information collected by us through the Site or Services and does not apply to these third-party websites. The ability to access information of third parties from the Site or Services, or links to other websites or locations, is for your convenience only and does not signify our endorsement of such third parties, their products, services, websites, locations, or their content.
CLI Studios reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless we advise you otherwise. However, we will not use your Personal Information in a way that is materially different than the uses described in this Policy without giving you an opportunity to opt out of such differing uses. Your continued use of the Site or Services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. We encourage you to bookmark this Web page and review this Policy regularly.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, or our information practices, please contact us by email or postal mail below:
CLI Studios, Inc.
200 E. 65 th St., 16C
New York, New York 10065
© 2020 CLI Studios, Inc. All rights reserved.